Happy Tuesday, lovelies! Like a true blue book nerd, I love a good list.
This week for Top Ten Tuesday, the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish ask bloggers to list the top ten characters we would want with us on a deserted island. Being the massive nerd that I am, I’m going to kick it up a notch and discuss the ten Harry Potter characters I most want to be stranded with. Because, a) they’re awesome, and b) they have magic, so they’re DEFINITELY the people I want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with.
1. Fred and George Weasley. I know they’re two people, but honestly, I can’t tell them apart. (Because identical twins.) With their predilection for pranking and relentless good humor, they would keep the laughs coming in the direst of circumstances.
2. Luna Lovegood. Although most of the bizarre magical creatures she believes in probably aren’t real, you never know; some of her strange notions could be useful. Also, she’s pretty entertaining.
3. Hermione Granger. I mean, obviously. She’s super smart and talented, and although she sometimes forgets that witches don’t need wood to start a fire, her knowledge of all things magical would keep the group warm, fed, and safe.
4. Sirius Black. In his dog form, he would be a useful patrol and could fight off any animals threatening our posse. And don’t you just love him?
5. Neville Longbottom. He’s super good at herbology, so he’ll know which plants are safe to eat. Also, he became super hot, and if I’m stranded on a deserted island, I’m going to want someone to make out with.
6. Rubeus Hagrid. He would be all kinds of useful. He could pull coconuts down from the highest reaches of palm trees, or even rip trees out of the ground to make a giant raft. Potential downside: He may try to cross-breed the island wildlife.
7. Olivander. If we’re one a deserted island, there’s a good chance someone’s going to have their wand broken at some point. Olivander could use his knowledge of wandlore to whip up replacement wands.
8. Firenze, the centaur. His reading of the stars might come in handy. (I’m kind of running out of ideas.)
9. Draco Malfoy. Because every group needs to have that one person they can’t stand. He’s pretty harmless but delightfully despicable.
10. Albus Dumbledore. Really, he’s probably the only one you need. He could probably get me out of this deserted island situation with one flash of his half-moon spectacles.
Making this list was FAR too much fun. And now I want J.K. Rolling to write a book in which all of these characters (and only these characters) find themselves stranded on a deserted island. Or maybe not a whole book, but, like, a short story on the Pottermore website. Or if she would just write some more books set in the wizarding world, I would be over the moon.
P.S. You might have noticed that Harry Potter is not on this list. That is because he would probably just get everyone into even more trouble. He can’t help it. I don’t know about you, but being stranded on a deserted island is bad enough without Voldemort showing up.
Which Harry Potter characters would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with?