Happy Tuesday, lovelies! Like a true blue book nerd, I love a good list. This week for Top Ten Tuesday, the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish ask bloggers to list the top ten characters we would want with us on a deserted … Continue reading
Since I read An Untamed State a few months ago, Roxane Gay has become one of my favorite writers — and since I subsequently followed her on Twitter, she has become one of my favorite people on the Internet. She always … Continue reading
Happy Friday dumplings! After a long week, it’s finally time to kick back, relax, and catch up on the week’s bookish news! As always, I’ve got five interesting stories for you. 1. Pulitzer Prize-winning Nadine Gordimer passed away at the age of … Continue reading
In 1980, 12-year-old Josiah Laudermilk steps up to read the sermon to his massive church in Queens, New York. Looking out at the congregation, his nerves fall away as he receives what he believes to be a vision from God. In … Continue reading
Last week, I lamented the lack of literary novels about post-college, pre-marriage twenty-somethings.There was some great discussion in the comments, with other readers wishing for more fiction about characters who are still getting their shit together — in their twenties, … Continue reading
Everything was going well for 24-year-old Susannah Cahalan. She was starting a promising career at a prominent New York City newspaper, and she was entering a serious relationship with a wonderful man. But slowly, things started going wrong. She had … Continue reading
How is July flying by so quickly? I feel like the summer just started, and it’s already half over. But I’m really looking forward to the next few weeks! In a few days I’ll be motoring up to Toronto to … Continue reading
Happy Saturday! After a long week, it’s finally time to kick back, relax, and catch up on the week’s bookish news! 1. The Millions posted their Great Second-Half 2014 Book Preview. I’m always excited when this list is published, and this … Continue reading
I am 24 years old. I have my B.A., and I work at a job that’s vaguely related to my major. It’s boring and slightly soul-crushing, but I’m thankful to have a job. I don’t really know what I want my … Continue reading
Happy Tuesday, turtledoves! Like a true blue book nerd, I love a good list.
1. I am not very good at scheduling posts ahead of time. I have my posts planned out for weeks in my blog calendar, but I rarely get around to writing them in advance.
2. I have been terrible about reading other blogs the last few months. I’m really trying to be better at this and making sure to carve out time every day or two to read the blogs I love.
3. I have a tiny hope that blogging will someday be my gateway to a career in books or publishing. I just haven’t quite figured out how.
4. I do most of my blogging from my couch, while wearing pajamas. The other 10% is done during down-time at work. (Shhh.)
5. I spent hours creating a printable blog planner, but now I just use spreadsheets on Google Docs for my planning. It’s just so much easier, since I can access it online anywhere!
6. I currently have six books that I have read but haven’t reviewed. Each weekend, I tell myself I will get caught up on reviews, and I never do.
7. I get cranky when a blog that I think has poor content becomes super popular. It’s petty and small, but I can’t help it.
8. I’m still trying to figure out my optimal balance between review copies and purchased/library books. There are definitely worse problems to have.
9. Even though it’s in no way productive, I often wonder how my blog stacks up to other blogs in terms of stas. I frequently have to remind myself that this isn’t a competition, that I blog because I love being part of a bookish community and not because of page views.
10. I talk to bloggers more often than I talk to friends who live in my city. What can I say, you’re my people!
Now that I’ve let you in the dark side of my blogging, tell me: what are your greatest blogging confessions?